Embark on a ind-expanding journey across the planet!
This is THE atlas for twenty-first century readers. It's packed with information about the way in which communities and cultures across the world have been shaped by their local environments, and it looks at the ideas and initiatives, which are shaping the future. Maps of regions and oceans bring faraway places to life, with illustrated geographical and architectural features, people, plants and wildlife, from oil fields to Buddhist monks to the Amazon Rainforest. The Atlas also features a pull-out map, fold-out booklets and panels. It helps reveal fascinating facts for every corner of the globe!
Divided by geographic region, the Barefoot Books World Atlas looks at the way in which communities and cultures across the world have been shaped by their natural environment, and at the ideas and initiatives which are shaping the future. It shows how all parts of the planet are interconnected and looks at the challenges which face us all in creating a sustainable future.
For ages 8 and up.
Readers will learn to:
• Navigate the world's great oceans.
• Explore east to west through changing environments.
• Meet different peoples and learn their ways of life.
• Encounter amazing wildlife.
• Discover new, sustainable technologies.
• 12 Fold-Out Booklets
• 17" X 29" Pull-Out Map
• Get interactive! Barefoot Books World Atlas is available as an app for iPad™. It's a truly dynamic way to travel the globe!
Hardcover: 56 pages
Publisher: Barefoot Books (October 1, 2011)Size
10" x 11-3/4"