- Great gifts for gardeners
- Includes clay, flower seeds, potting soil, a rolling mat, a rolling pin, and cookie cutters
- Once complete, plant them in the yard or flowerpot
- Produces clusters of flowers
- Comes with instructions
Make gardening a fun activity for the whole family with the Garden Cookies Make and Grow Kit. Children mix the included ingredients, roll them together, and cut them into flower shapes. Once dry, they're great gifts for gardeners - or plant them in the yard or flowerpot. Each garden cookie produces clusters of flowers. Choose Hummingbird for a mix of flowers that attract birds or Wildflower for an abundance of color. Instructions included.
Made in USA.
This concept is based on an old farming tradition originally created by Native Americans. They rolled seeds in clay to protect them from drying out in the sun, getting eaten by birds, or blowing away in the wind. Now you can recreate this tradition at home.
For ages 6 and up.
How to Make Garden Cookies:
1. Empty contents of clay, soil, and flower seeds into a mixing bowl or recycled plastic container.
2. Add three tablespoons of water (additional water may be necessary)
3. Mix until the clay forms a smooth ball
4. Place the ball on the rolling mat and, using the rolling pin, roll the clay to 1/4 in. thickness
5. Cut out flower shapes with the cookie cutters
6. Leave flower shapes on the mat to dry over night
7. Garden Cookies are now ready to plant in the garden!
How to Plant Garden Cookies:
1. Choose a sunny place to plant
(Tip: You can plant them in flower pots or right in the ground.)
2. Prepare the soil by turning it over until the ground is soft.
3. Place one Garden Cookie in the soil, every 4". Cover with 1/2" of soil
4. If planting in a pot, place a cookie in a 6" pot, or 3 cookies in a 14" pot